• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for an older model phone good battery life doesnt overheat

piff

Nov 29, 2011
Im looking for a good phone with batter life and it doesnt over heat.

I was looking at the lg g3, bought it on amazon then cancled the order once I found out about the overheating issues.

Im looking at the samsung galexy s5 it looks nice, but I heard it overheats to.

You might look at the Moto G. They can be found on Amazon for ~$100.00. Keep in mind that ANY $100 phone won't be great, but it might be good enough.

For example, I didn't see any overheating issues with the Moto G but there were numerous bad reviews about the GPS radio. That surprised me because usually Motorola phones have excellent radios in them.

Upvote 0
What carrier do you have?

straight talk on atnt network

Personally I think every phone overheats... Not like it's built with fans to cool them down... Once ur a heavy user it's bound to over heat

well my old lg f3, (which I went through a couple because they were good phones) could not let the screen brightness past a certain level on hot days.

I was given a samsung galexy core prime GSM version when my LG F3 died. It lets me turn the brightness all the way up, and it doesnt over heat. sadly i dropped it and cracked the screen. its a good phone but for $100 to $150 I could find something better.

You might look at the Moto G. They can be found on Amazon for ~$100.00. Keep in mind that ANY $100 phone won't be great, but it might be good enough.

For example, I didn't see any overheating issues with the Moto G but there were numerous bad reviews about the GPS radio. That surprised me because usually Motorola phones have excellent radios in them.

when you mean GPS radio you mean its one of those phones that gps doesnt work when you really need it to? thats very important as I got lost one time and it was a nightmare trying to find my way when the GPS couldnt lock signal

I care about

1. Battery life
2. a phone I can use with one hand (not a huge phone)
3. a phone that doesnt have over heating problems where I cant turn the display off

I really dont need a phone that has a 4k display or high hd display it kills battery life, just something that works good.

im looking at the moto g 4th gen but amazon says they have 2 versions one with lock screen offers and adds and one without

the one without is more money. are these phones with bloatware on them or something? I dont like the sound off locked screens with adds

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im looking at the moto g 4th gen but amazon says they have 2 versions one with lock screen offers and adds and one without

I'd avoid the one with ads. That's incredibly annoying and isn't worth the few dollars you save at purchase time.

when you mean GPS radio you mean its one of those phones that gps doesnt work when you really need it to?

I really can't say how bad it is. The worst GPS phone I've ever had was a Samsung, but they've improved over the years. Every Motorola phone I've ever owned has never had a problem. I was just echoing what I read in the reviews of the G (4th edition) on Amazon.

A quick search for Moto G 4th gen GPS issues didn't bring up much so It was either an isolated problem or users didn't have the phones setup properly. (Or there was a batch of defective units).

Here's a review for you.

https://www.cnet.com/products/motorola-moto-g4/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones