• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps looking for android app source code with some features

giannis97

Jan 11, 2014
i do not know if i can post this thead. i am NOOB on android development. i want to build a app that will open with a site ( my site ) and one the left or somehow will be like 5-7 tabs when you tap on them some other pages will open. i know this easy but i been trying to find a source code that is perfect. Also i want to do some other things if it possible please tell me. also provide some link of source code 1. from the website can i enable notifications pop up for android? 2. a source code with settings tab about notifacation, update version, licence etc 3. i am looking to create a stunning app that not like deafult navigation drawer, its like ancient..

Thanks john

Well noone is gonna give you a complete app with all the requirements you ask. At most you'll get some of what you ask.

It is up to you to have knowledge of java to take someone's source code and add all the other features you want to complete the project.

My advice is to begin by learning some java. There are many good quality free courses online to learn java and android app development.

I wrote a webview tutorial for the type of app you're looking for, complete with source code for a fully working app. However it does not have all the features you want. You will have to add the rest yourself. There's also other tutorials on this page for other app elements which can be combined.

Here's the webview tutorial with source code. Read the tutorial and the comments in the code. You can import the project into Android Studio then click the "Run app" button to install it on your phone to test it.
https://techstop.github.io/android-webview/

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones