• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Android streaming device for use with Xfinity TV

gil_happy

Oct 16, 2011
Hello,

As some of you know, Comcast offers the ability to watch / stream live TV (Xfinity TV) on up to 5 devices within your home - these include, iOS, Android, and PC based devices. Unfortunately this is not supported on Roku, AppleTV, etc. Rather than lease additional X1 set top boxes for all of TVs in my home, I'm thinking about using an Android based streaming box w/ remote for each of the extra TVs. The Android device must have the ability to install the full catalog of apps, in this case 'Xfinity TV'.

I'm looking at possibly using Nexus Player and rooting it (I think that is what is need to install Xfinity TV), or possibly another native Android streaming device (Chromecast, FireTV) from Amazon or eBay. I have tested an Android HDMI dongle a year or two ago from China, but the performance was horrible.

Does anyone have suggestions for an Android streaming device, with a remote control that would work with the Xfinity TV app so that I could play live TV on my flat-screen TV.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones