• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for any info on rooting LG K40/LM-X420MM

nope does not appear to be this way yet. the bootloader is locked. i always do my research over at xda developers forum however, it appears they do not even have a forum for your device. if you want to root make sure that there is a dev community. the developers are the ones who find ways to root devices as well as other goodies like making custom recoveries and roms.

so strike one is no dev community

strike two is that there is no custom recovery. twrp is the most popular, but it is not available for your phone. having a custom recovery is very important. the main is that it can make a nandroid backup which is a complete backup of your phone. it is kind of like a save point in a video game. this way if you plan on changing things on your phone and you messed up someplace. you can always restore back to a previous point.

strike 3 is the fact that the bootloader is locked. there might be ways to root a device that has a locked bootloader and that will have to be up to the dev community to find the exploit to root the device. but like i said earlier your phone does not have and support from the devs.

you're out!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah i here some LG phones can be hard to root as they all come with locked bootloaders. just like the snapdragon samsung phones like my note 10+.

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
I have tried XDA and GitHub. Both did not answer or provide me with a clear answer to the question " can (my model LG) be rooted?" Recently I did come aross one answer to the question. This was 5 days ago? But yes, it seems no one has done it yet. one reason I wanted to root is I'm getting a new phone and if I bricked this one, it would just be practice anyway. Thanks for your reply. I'll leave this here for one more day. Then I'll delete.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones