1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking For App...Is There One Out There???

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by alias4ever, Sep 18, 2011.

1. alias4ever

alias4ever Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    HI! I am new here and just discovered this forum today. :) I am wondering if you could help me all? I have a myTouch 3G that has Android 1.6 on it (well it will when I revert back to it as 2.2 is KILLING my myTouch :( ). I am wondering if ANYONE out there knows of an application that will allow me to do free texting? I have a Pay as you Go plan with T-Mobile but I am usually home so I want to find a program that won't kill my minutes but allow me to do texting over Wi-Fi if possible? That is compatible with 1.6? Please let me know, any and ALL help and I will be eternally grateful! Thanks so much! :)

Advertisement

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Welcome to the fray alias4ever!! Many answers are available here. Viber does as you request but requires the recipient to also have viber. If you hit the blue button on the forum heading "search this Forum" you will find other perspectives. There was a thread a few weeks ago asking for exactly the same. See here;

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/409044-free-texting-australia.html

alias4ever likes this.
  3. alias4ever

alias4ever Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Thank you so MUCH Davesyd for the welcome and for the help, I really do appreciate it. I found the app Textplus that I am going to give it a go when I can get my myTouch 3G back to 1.6. :) If anyone else has any ideas please let me know! Thanks again! :D