1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for app that clears google search history WITHOUT assist

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by soulmaster65, Dec 27, 2011.

1. soulmaster65

soulmaster65 Lurker

Are there any apps that conveniently clear your google search data without you having to go in and press the button like HistoryEraser? I just want to clear the history right in the app. If this isn't possible, because I'm pretty sure someone would've thought of making it by now if it's not existing yet, can someone please tell me why?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast

You can't. Your pr0n searches are now permanently on display for everyone to see.

3. soulmaster65

soulmaster65 Lurker

Sorry ryanB, the app doesn't automatically clean it for you. It just redirects you to clean it in the settings by yourself, meaning the automatic cleaner doesn't delete it and the widget won't either. Thanks though

4. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast

When you say clear Google search data are you referring to the stock browser history ?

5. soulmaster65

soulmaster65 Lurker

I'm referring to when you press the search button on your phone, and after the searches are made, they come up as shortcuts later. I'm talking about those shortcuts. Sorry for not clarifying

6. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast

I don't know if this can help you. Look for the Android Settings app. This should be part of the stock Android.

Settings -> Search -> Google search settings -> Show web suggestions and under Don't show suggestions from Google as you type (this is a checkbox, check it)

7. soulmaster65

soulmaster65 Lurker

Sorry, the suggestions and shortcuts are two different things.

8. soulmaster65

soulmaster65 Lurker

Nevermind, i found a solution. Open up google search, hit menu, search settings, searnchable items, then uncheck "web" and anything else that might have private stuff on it popping up.

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Actually OP, the app I recommended to you does clear cache automatically. I have mine set for weekly clearing.