1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking For App to Handle Unread Counts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Sycobob, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Physicist
    Tallahassee, FL
    I've been trying to figure this one out for a couple of days and I'm not having much luck. Hopefully someone here has some suggestions.

I'm using LauncherPro which has built in unread notifications for shortcuts on the dock (i.e. it shows a red circle with the number of unread texts on the messaging shortcut I have there). The notifications are great, except for one killer flaw: the notifications only update when you launch the app through the shortcut on the dock. Since I usually check my new texts by swiping to them from the lock screen, I'm left with the unread notification on the dock even when there are no unread messages.

So here's what I'm looking for: a way to have the red circles with my unread messages count on the messaging shortcut on my dock (and preferably on my WidgetLock slider, too) that will update no matter how I check the message.

The part that's made this difficult to accomplish is that most apps only work with widgets, which I can't put on the dock. If anyone has any solutions to this, I'd be most appreciative.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Go Launcher Notification works well, it shows the unread count and updates automatically, based on my experience, but that would entail changing home launchers though.

3. lekky

lekky Lover
    None

use adw notifier, its a separate app you should be able to use with LP.

Having said that, as someone who has moved from the paid version of LP to go launcher, i much prefer go launcher.

4. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Physicist
    Tallahassee, FL
    I have ADW Notifier, I use it with WidgetLocker. LauncherPro has it's own built in notifications. How would I make it use ADW Notifier instead? That would actually be a perfect solution if it can be done.