• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for app to view my home webcams?

mattbirk

Nov 22, 2010
Chicago, IL
My setup is a little confusing.

I have 2 IP camera's at home. My ISP, Charter, blocks port 80. To get to them via web browser I go to www.mydomain.com:1000 and www.mydomain.com:10001 ...I changed the port from 80 to 1000, and 80 to 1001.

I can access the login page through my cell phone browser, I have port forwarded correctly. (They work on PCs off the same network) The catch is I also had to use port 8000 for CAM1 and 8001 for CAM2 for the image stream...so basically there are two ports required to forward per camera.

Port 1000, 8000 forward to mydomain.com(external) @ 192.168.1.151
Port 1001, 8001 forward to mydomain.com(external) @ 192.168.1.152

I have tried IP Cam Viewer Lite, but can only input one port. I have tried the browser, I can get logged in and view settings, I get an empty box where the camera feed is supposed to be...

To get the login screen so you can see my options: 24.217.40.224:1000
To get to work properly, I use Chrome with the Java applet option, not IE.

This may need moved? I know it's not just to the TB, but Android in general...any help would be greatly appreciated. And I do have Java enabled on the TB.

I have a basic web cam, I'm using an 'opitmus L'. I'm totally a newb when it comes down to this kind of stuff, I'd like to be able to set up a few web cams around the house and monitor them while I'm out of town, are there any threads that are detailed (easy to follow instructions :vs) or would this thread be able to help? If it's inappropriate to request here I'm sorry I'll just start a new thead...

Upvote 0
@mattbirk, could you give assistance??

What is your setup? IP Camera's? It took me quite some time, but I will be happy to help walk you through getting this to work.

Let me know how your camera's are setup, you will need to know their internal IP addresses, and we will have to configure port forwarding to your camera. Also, I am assuming you do not have a static IP address from your Internet Service Provider?

Let me know these things, and I will try the best I can to get them configured. Took me a little bit, but finally got mine working great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones