1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for app to wifi sync photos FROM PC

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ambientdroid, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

I take photos with a camera, process them on a windows PC, then put the finished jpegs in a certain folder.

I want an app that watches that folder somehow then automatically syncs them to my android tablet.

- I want the images to be downloaded to the tablet's storage.

- I do not want to keep them in the cloud with something like dropbox.

- I only care about files going from the computer to the tablet, not the other way around.

I've got this already setup with my wife and I's iphones using itunes to sync over wifi. Is there something similar with android?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

You could try SyncMe Wireless from Play Store.

Rukbat likes this.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Never saw that one before - thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have absolutely no need for it at the moment, but I just know that if I forget where to find it, I'm going to have a dire need for it. So it's downloaded and installed.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I use Sugarsync.

5. saptech

saptech Android Expert

6. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

On the subject, I am trying very hard to find a syncing app that syncs the internal SD with the external SD, because there are plenty of apps that provide syncing over WiFi and 3G to either cloud accounts or PCs on the home network. If anyone knows of a simple app that does this I'd be grateful for pointing me in the right direction.

7. boathead

boathead Android Enthusiast

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

WHUT? :( I got 45GB free up there. Oh well. 70GB free on Dropbox isn't bad either. :D Although I loved the Sugarsync feature where you can sync from any folder in your PC. Dammit- I'm not earning enough yet to maintain a paid cloud storage service.