• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for beginner root guide

xTundra

Lurker
Dec 25, 2013
Hello all, this is my first post here and the reason I've come here is so I can maybe get some help with rooting my LG Optimus L9 (duh).

I'm new to Android as I've been an avid iOS user for quite some time now and I decided to get a cheap Android phone and this is the one I picked.

I've been looking for a noob-friendly guide for rooting this device, but I can't quite one simple enough for me.
I tried for a few hours using the. (Chinese) VROOT method only to find out that is isn't a safe method.
I tried to follow some video guides on YouTube that used LGPwn but I recieved an error along the lines of my device not being vulnerable(?).

I just decided to post here instead and save myself hours and hours of looking for something (lazy, I know). So is there is anyone willing to help a lowly beginner such as myself?

PS. I do have access to a PC, although not the most modern, if that helos in any way,

Thanks!

If the guides you found aren't simple enough for you, you don't want to use adb to root the phone manually, so I suggest you try Kingo. Download Kingo Android Root - MajorGeeks has a few download links for it. (Contrary to rumors, it doesn't "steal" any data, it just sends its server information on the model phone and version of Android you're rooting, so it can download the correct files.)

As far as the "older" version of Windows, I can verify that it works on 7. I can also verify that almost nothing works on Vista. And I can only guess that Kingo works on XP. Earlier than that (2k or earlier) I'd guess it won't work. But if it loads on Windows, it will root the phone, so download it and try.

Reactions: gtames
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones