1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Looking for cheapest and most reliable unlock code

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashmengie, May 22, 2010.

1. ashmengie

ashmengie Member

May 22, 2010
    Hi, I will be purchasing a G1 very soon and plan on unlocking it and switching it to my AT&T account ala these instructions and these. I understand I need an unlock code for the phone, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to go. From what I've read, the most popular and reliable is http://www.unlock-tmobileg1.com. I'd rather not have to pay $25 for the unlock code, so does anyone know of any other equally reliable services that are cheaper?

Any help will be appreciated...thanks!

Advertisement

2. db122

db122 Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Guy on ebay "Blowfish" got me a G1 unlock code within 2 minutes of "buying it now". $10.90. Highly recommend him. Make sure you include the IMEI and phone model in comments.

3. ashmengie

ashmengie Member

May 22, 2010
    Yep, in fact I just purchased one from him tonight and got it within 30 minutes. The unlock code worked great and now I've got my G1 unlocked and switched over to AT&T.

4. austriker

austriker Member

Jun 1, 2010
    and also can testify to blowfish on ebay. he gave me the code with a few hours and it worked like a charm! i honestly searched for hours as well for a free unlock code, i say just pony up and buy one. that is what i did.. really $10 is not much money, like maybe 2 meals on mickey d's or the like..

5. silentsnow31802

May 24, 2010
    I also got one from Blowfish. Got the code within 30 minutes and worked no problem at all.

Tags: