• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for co-founder for revolutionary app idea

Rileysticka

Lurker
Jul 29, 2017
Hey there!

I have an idea for an app that could be wildly successful, however I can't code a single line on my own...

Would be excited to hand out co-ownership, etc. to anyone willing to help build the app:

A community involvement app that will safely connect like-minded users together, based on mutual interests.

Main features:

Hangout: Connecting based on categories of interest, such as wanting to play local sports, to finding a church buddy, to college kids needing a study-buddy, to musicians needing to connect, etc. Besides the base mutual interest, there'll be elaborated user profiles to help further identify who you'd connect with. Users can create temporary cliques for other users to join up in group activities.

Groups: Creating groups will allow like minded users to engage in large scale hangouts and discussions. Joining groups can be done openly or invite-only.

User-driven economy: Bolstered by a secure & elaborate Terms Of Service Agreement, Users can make real money by getting creative - from setting up their own business, to renting or selling their personal belongings, to renting out rooms, to posting job requests, etc. All of which will be able to be advertised. Users will also be able to post catch-all urgent help requests here, too.

Tipping: A real life currency tipping system will be available for users sending money to each other - perhaps for a paid service, to donating to a charity, to tipping artists, people offering help, and anyone in between.

Events: Displays all categorized local events for users to connect with. These will be created & broadcasted by groups, local services, and individual users. Adding events to your calendar & sharing events with fellow users will be amongst the main draws of the feature.

Interested? Feel free to further get connected at rilysticka@gmail.com for a deeper established connection beyond AndroidForums.

Thank you!

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but how will this be any different than Facebook? Or Meetup.com?
Seems you need either a point of differentiation or millions of dollars in marketing and development.

So, my idea will work in a more 1:1 way.

I select I want to play basketball, and as gry matched up with anyone else online that wants to as is well, you know.

Think Tinder, but for making friends. Everything else that's available is more for groups of people getting connected.

To find people on an interest you selected, you'd skim through people online looking for the same thing, or can swipe left/right quickmatching.

Notifications will be hugely integral to the success as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones