• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking For Direction

Colonelkfc

Lurker
Sep 9, 2011
I have a droid x, and a huge 17" Acer Laptop (Aspire 9410-2597) currently running XP, I use a video S-cable to connect my laptap to my Sony LCD tv where I can drag windows back and forth between the screens, I want to replace my laptop with the largest tablet device I can find, I just want to be able to sync between an Android Tablet and my Android phone EASILY, I'm also an aspiring studio photographer who has been told it is a bad idea to use a tablet device to edit and house all of my photos in, is there any validity to this suggestion? I was under the impression that tabs can handle heavy work loads...

Welcome to Android Forums.

I can't speak for everyone but my concern with using a tablet as the only location for files is that MicroSD cards are currently not as reliable as other storage media and if using the device's internal memory runs the risk of losing everything if the device fails. I'd also be concerned about the screen's calibration and accuracy.

You might want to look through Android Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums and see if any of our members are using similar setups as to those you suggest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones