1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for ear buds with mic

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by mlk2, Jul 4, 2013.

1. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

Hey all, looking for good(!) earbuds with mic for hands free for android, no ajays which break all the time,

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

I have some MEElectronics Sport Fi S6 earbuds (mine are black so a lot less leery than those in the review photos) that I'm pretty happy with: the sound is very good; they're comfortable once you find which set of covers suits you; they seem reasonably robust (I've had 'em for about 6 months which is good for me) and they were very reasonably priced. They also came with a decent case.

They have a single button mic which works well. I've never had anyone complain of not being able to hear me. The button doubles as call answer/end and pause/play .. on my Nexus 4: YMMV.

I can't really fault them.

The only earbuds I've had that sounded better and were more comfortable were some Shures, but they cost about 3 times as much and after the 4th set failed in exactly the same way (Shure were very good at replacing them), I gave up on 'em.

Scarred, mlk2 and El Presidente like this.
  3. evile84

evile84 Newbie

check out the LG Tone Bluetooth headphones with a mic for calling. I have a pair and they are awesome

mlk2 likes this.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I can see where the mic is on those, but it's difficult to see where it's actually located (if that makes any sense).

The issue I have with my current headphones is the mic/controls are a fair bit down meaning when I clip them on to my jacket collar etc, there's a fair bit of cable sticking up in and around my face. It's pointless and looks ridiculous. Is that an issue on these?

5. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

+1 for LG Tone+. Out of everything I have tested, these are hands down the BEST bluetooth earphones with the most comprehensive set of controls and insane 14+ hr battery life.

I have reviewed it HERE, and you can also check out the rest of the headphones I reviewed from my signature link.

6. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Sorry - only just saw this.

The mic positioning is pretty good: it falls just about collar level, maybe an couple of inches below my mouth. So far, I haven't had any problem with it getting tangled with anything and I never even needed to hold it closer to my mouth to be heard - a problem I've had with other headphones.

El Presidente likes this.
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

No problem, thanks. :)

Pay day on Friday and they're only