1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Looking for files needed to restore Verizon Visual Voice Mail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zoandroid, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Is there anywhere hosting a collection of the APKs from a stock Gingerbread Droid X? Or can someone tell me which files I would need to fully restore Verizon's Visual Voice Mail application?

Advertisement

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    i haven't seen a list anywhere. Usually if someone really needs one they just start a thread asking if someone can toss it to them.

Zoandroid likes this.
  3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    Thanks. That would work for me. :) I'm looking for the file(s) needed to restore Verizon's Visual Voice Mail app. My Droid X is running GB .650 with Cyanogen Mod 7.

I tried using Titanium Backup to restore the backup I made of that app when I had just rooted the stock OTA Gingerbread update on my Droid X. But it won't restore. TIBU just keeps sitting there spinning its cursor. I don't know if it may be because I'm running CM7. But I thought maybe if I had the original APKs I might have better luck.

Is it possible to edit the title of this thread? I could change it to ask for these files.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    yeah below the quick reply window hit "go advanced" in there you can edit the title.

I would ask for the apk but i'm not 100% certain it is going to work. A lot of apps like that have dependency apps or that app itself is a dependency app. Meaning it may take more than just that one .apk for all of it work properly.

Zoandroid likes this.
  5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    I never realized that editing the title in the first post actually changes the title in the thread list. I thought it was just a title for the particular message being typed as a reply. Thanks!

I've been thinking about why trying to restore the VVM apk might not have worked, and your suggestion is one thought that came to me. I remember reading in a thread where a list of apks both safe and not safe to remove after rooting where it mentioned some of the voice-related apps were linked to each other. Such that removing one would disable the others. So it may very well be that I would need to restore certain other apps first, and THEN restore the VVM apk.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but I would have to find out from someone which other apks would be required.