• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for files needed to restore Verizon Visual Voice Mail

Thanks. That would work for me. :) I'm looking for the file(s) needed to restore Verizon's Visual Voice Mail app. My Droid X is running GB .650 with Cyanogen Mod 7.

I tried using Titanium Backup to restore the backup I made of that app when I had just rooted the stock OTA Gingerbread update on my Droid X. But it won't restore. TIBU just keeps sitting there spinning its cursor. I don't know if it may be because I'm running CM7. But I thought maybe if I had the original APKs I might have better luck.

Is it possible to edit the title of this thread? I could change it to ask for these files.

Upvote 0
yeah below the quick reply window hit "go advanced" in there you can edit the title.

I would ask for the apk but i'm not 100% certain it is going to work. A lot of apps like that have dependency apps or that app itself is a dependency app. Meaning it may take more than just that one .apk for all of it work properly.

I never realized that editing the title in the first post actually changes the title in the thread list. I thought it was just a title for the particular message being typed as a reply. Thanks!

I've been thinking about why trying to restore the VVM apk might not have worked, and your suggestion is one thought that came to me. I remember reading in a thread where a list of apks both safe and not safe to remove after rooting where it mentioned some of the voice-related apps were linked to each other. Such that removing one would disable the others. So it may very well be that I would need to restore certain other apps first, and THEN restore the VVM apk.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but I would have to find out from someone which other apks would be required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones