1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for games like The Last Door class/level.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AMHansen, Mar 23, 2016.

1. AMHansen

AMHansen Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    Hello. So I'm new in android and recently played and purchased my first game - The Last Door. It was so beautiful that I could compare it like playing a David Fincher movie. It's just so sad that I finished the chapter 1 of the game and chapter 2, as I know, is still not available yet on android. So I looked for any game that would give me the same feeling of enthusiasm. And I failed after five days straight of browsing on Play Store.

So I'm looking for game that has the same level of elements of The Last Door.

My standard are:

1. The score or the musical background. That's what I like the best on The Last Door. The score is appropriate (not randomly) and enhanced the ambiance of the gameplay.
    2. The storyline. I prefer dark-themed stories but I can use any genres as long as it has a great story that has lesser clichè.
    3. I want reasonable interactivity. Not too much and not too less. So no to games that is overcrowded with puzzles that has nothing to do with the plot, and no to games that is like reading a novel.

What I don't want:

1. When it involves choosing from mage/swordsman/merchant/blah-blah.
    2. When it involves "fight the boss" after the "I have killed the minions"

Help me.

Since most in the forum apologize for their grammar, I am sorry if there are mistakes in my grammar and thank you very much for your response.

Advertisement

2. Saiyara

Saiyara Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2016
    Female
    Assuming you've already tried the other "The Room" games, how about you give The Wolf Among Us a try? I know, it's barely the same. But I feel like you might like it. None of what you listed as things you don't want is there, and most of the gameplay relies on the story and decision making.
    The Silent Age is also a great game, despite how the graphics look. And there are more puzzles in The Silent Age than The Wolf Among Us. The plot twists are amazing as well.
    There's also Limbo, which is one of the most unexpectedly intriguing games I've played.

#2 Saiyara, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    A David Fincher movie? What "Alien 3: This Time It's Poor"?

#3 mikedt, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  4. AMHansen

AMHansen Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the reply. I'm currently downloading "Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery" (I don't know if I got the title right). I found out it has lots of positive feedback regarding its storyline and music.

Actually, I was choosing from The Silent Age, Yesterday, Gemini Rue, Machinarium, and this. And decided to download Gemini Rue after playing this game. Thanks anyways.