• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for, gasp, a new dumbphone!

bob60626

Android Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2012
Chicago
I'm looking for a dumbphone as a possible second phone line or even substitution for my main line. :shock: It is impossible to find what's really good on the internet; everything seems to be "What was your favorite dumbphone growing up?". :D

What I want-
-preferably bar instead of flip
-grippy instead of slick
-T9 only, no qwerty
-micro USB charger for compatibility with my other stuff
-Bluetooth for syncing with tablet, primarily for contacts
-long battery life, easy to use, solid build,...
-GSM
-calendar, calculator, alarm clock

What I'd like-
-decent music player
-decent camera (not so important as the above)
-GPS without data?
-somewhat modifiable (deleting games, changing order, key assignments,...)

What I don't need and would almost rather not have-
-any sort of internet capabilities
-flashlight!!

Any suggestions? I bought a 20 dollar Nokia from T-Mobile as a beach work phone but it's a little flimsier than I'd like. I've seen a few phones that come close but are off on a key point.

I think the classic dumb-phones with 12 button keypads are pretty much extinct now. The principal manufacturers like Nokia, Motorola, LG, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, Sony, etc, non of them seem to be making them any more. There's still a few cheap off-brand Chinese ones, but they all use standard SIMs AFAIK.

I beg to differ, mike my friend. Verizon still touts 12 key goodies.. some flip some bar, some old some new. ;) I'm sure other carriers do, as well.

New Cell Phones - The Latest Cell Phones - Verizon Wireless

It's not like they're competing with Jitterbug.. but ... well, maybe. :D

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones