• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for good Ext battery+Case combo...

JnEricsonx

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2011
DOn't know which one of each to pick on Amazon, now that at this point either of them is down to like 20 bucks from most since most people dont care about it that much anymore. Does the Ext battery REALLY make the phone that much of a brick? So yeah, can someone pick me out a good Extended battery, and matching phone case for me off Amazon? Especially if its the same they have good experience with?

I've been using the OEM 2750mAh extended battery for over a year now and would recommend that you go with that one. Other manufacturers often overstate the capacity of their batteries so I always go with OEM when possible.

Here it is on Amazon for $23.49

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Original-...erbolt/dp/B004TEYPMM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

As for cases, that's a matter of personal preference. I bought mine from Verizon but don't see it available anymore. It's a TPU case, similar to this one.

Amazon.com: Black HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE Extended Battery Thermoplastic TPU Cover Case (Universally Compatible with HTC, and Seidio): Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
DOn't know which one of each to pick on Amazon, now that at this point either of them is down to like 20 bucks from most since most people dont care about it that much anymore. Does the Ext battery REALLY make the phone that much of a brick? So yeah, can someone pick me out a good Extended battery, and matching phone case for me off Amazon? Especially if its the same they have good experience with?

I second this battery, I've had it for a couple of months now. With moderate use between internet at 4g and Wi-Fi, game play and messaging this battery when you start at 100% will last 8-12 hrs without needing a charge. I usually plug it in when it gets below 30%.

I've gone as long as 17 hrs with light usage and the charge reduced to 16%.

As far as turning it into a brick, I actually like it. My problem is phones in the last several years have gotten too small and thin. My T-bolt is much more comfortable to hold. I have arthritis in my hands so it helps alot.

Here's the case I bought for mine. It's not a Cadillac case but it works for me. I can't post links yet but it's on Amazon for $23.49

Verizon Wireless OEM Extended Shell Holster Combo HTC Thunderbolt Fits Extended Battery (fits 2750 /3200 mAh batteries)

Upvote 0
I will tell you this, I purchased 6 batteries from ebay for $58 which came with 3 charges and 3covers. they are 3.7 3500mAh. A waste of money, should've done 1 purchase.
which comes with 1 back 1 charge and two batteries for 18 dollars. the batteries last
3 days standby 12 hours streaming radio, 10 hours as a hotspot and about 8 hours streaming movies. i have no home internet so I use my hotspot everyday.
But when I first got them I had to completely charged them in charger or with the phone turned off and completely dishcarge them( letting the phonedie while using it) 4 complete times, It was a hassle with 6 batteries. took me a week. now I carry a spare battery and never use it. i also practice letting it almost completed dishcarge before charging now.
But since HTC last update it doesn't last as much in any of the areas, but haven't time them, still works great just not as long.
this leads me to belive there was nothing wrong with the thunderbolt to start they turned down the signal syncing script to save battery life.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-3500mah-Extended-Battery-Black-Door-Cover-Dock-Charger-For-HTC-Thunderbolt-/130725729160?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e6fdc5388

Upvote 0
Well, the holster lasted about 10 months for me, before the spring broke, so, thats not too bad, replacements I see are like 5 bucks on Amazon, but it's redundant if I get a new case that comes with its own new holster. So, obviously I should get the official HTC/Verizon 2750 battery, no problem. The trick is now picking a tough case, again, I like how the Seido one as is feels, nice and solid and protective. But if there's other good ones, fire away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones