• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for good launcher + theme

I've tried a few launchers, and have recently been using dodol. Kind of liked it at first, mostly because of the awesome steam punkish theme I have. But dodol isn't really performing to my satisfaction. I would like to try and keep the steam punk feel. So does anyone know of a good launcher that has a wide range of available themes?

An unrelated question that's been on my mind for a while, are there any launchers that make use of root access? That could be really interesting. Built in recycling bin, gearbox functionality, etc.

I didn't see it mentioned, but for a stock android 5.0 look I love Nova Launcher. I know it's cliché, but it really has been the best I tested (on previous phones). A lot of custom ability, function and did I mention that stock lollipop look :) Had my LS740 since June, installed it right out of the box and never had a problem or hiccup. 5/5 IMHO.

Upvote 0
Just found a new launcher I thought I would mention. It's called dodol launcher and I'm liking it. It uses a bit more memory than I'd like (about 57MB ), but I don't have it locked in memory, so it's fine. Anyway, I'm using it with a lollipop theme and velur icon pack. It also has a built in RAM dump, toggle panel, and voice search. Here's a couple screenshots. The launcher I was looking for I thought I'd seen in this thread, but I can't find it now... It didn't have an app drawer, you just swipe left it show all apps. If it sounds familiar, let me know. Anyway, pics!

Attachments

• 1420624767392.jpg
    1420624767392.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 56
  • 1420624779726.jpg
    1420624779726.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones