• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for - GPS tracker + Maps

Dmont

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
Hi folks,
Just a quick one here, I'm looking for an app that I can use while mountain biking.
So I'll need GPS tracking, speed and able to plot the route on a map... does anyone know of a free app ( or one at little cost ) that can do this... I used to have a Nokia phone that had a sports app that done it...

Thanks for any replies.

Regards

D

I'm using My Tracks currently. Very good for plotting speed, altitude and distance and of course it's free. I use it when I go out running.

If want a bit more detail though I recommend Viewranger. Does track plotting, but has OS Landranger maps so you can see all the paths etc. You pat per sq km of map. It's still a new app for Android, but I also used to have it on my Nokias and it was a good little program on there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones