• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for GPS tracking app with easy data export

Aaronneyer

Jan 24, 2010
I'm trying to find an app which will track my GPS position at all times, that allows me to easily export the data or make it accessible via an API.
Something like Tracks is good but it has such a heavy drain on the battery, and I don't need quite the precision that it gives.

I was planning on using Latitude but that's about to be canceled so I'll need to find something else.

Anyone tried anything that fits the criteria?

I'm trying to find an app which will track my GPS position at all times, that allows me to easily export the data or make it accessible via an API.
Something like Tracks is good but it has such a heavy drain on the battery, and I don't need quite the precision that it gives.

BTW, I think the heavy battery drain is something you can expect for every GPS-based app.

Maybe you should look for an app that uses Network based location (which is less precise than GPS but uses less battery).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones