1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Looking for help on setting DI phone notifications to phone ONLY

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickacs, Jun 8, 2010.

1. nickacs

nickacs Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Atlanta
    Hi everyone-
    I hate to bring up features on other phones, but I came from the BBPearl that had a hot-key that you could choose your phone notifications/rings:
    - Phone only (so if it rings, that's it. All other SMS/emails/etc won't make any noises)
    - Phone + vibrate
    - Vibrate only
    - Silent
    etc etc

I have the HTC 'Sound & Display' as a icon on my home screen that I use constantly to change between the 'Normal/Vibrate/Silent' modes, but I don't see something like the BBPearl had for Phone only (aka Normal) but NO audible notifications other than just the actual phone ringing for a call.

Being an IT-guy for software deployment/etc, the BBPearl was great for the overnight to only hear someone calling and disabling all other audible notifications in one quick hot-key push.

I don't know if there's any 3rd-party apps available for something like this? I don't want to keep going under the 'Sound & Display' and check/un-check a million options everytime.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ezy1022

ezy1022 Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    i use an app called 'quick profiles' has more customization then any app i found and its free, can even set it up so it will be totally silent except for an emergency number of your choosing...

Pateric likes this.
  3. nickacs

nickacs Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Atlanta
    Thanks ezy, I'll download tonight and give it a shot! Thanks for your help :)