• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for help with Outlook synching...

cjk1026

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I'd very much like to keep my contacts, calender and reminders on my laptop using Outlook 2007 and synch (via USB) with my Droid X. I'm from the BB world and it worked seamlessly in this regard. I've tried Deja Office (companion link) and cannot get synched.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for the replies. I feel like a total moron! I just discovered that most of my contacts, calender and reminders are in fact on my phone. I didn't realize I have to access them through the deja office program. However, many of my contacts are not there. Blackberry definitely has Droid beat when it comes to synching with Outlook. And yes, I realize contact and calender management might go smoother if I move it all over to Google. But at this time, I just not comfortable using Google to manage my life.

Upvote 0
Chris, I heard there were issues with the Droid ( not X ) and Outlook synch, but I have Outlook 2007 and it synchs very smoothly with my DROID X - all contacts, calendars, etc. - though I am synching wirelessly, not through usb. Also heard there were some synch issues with Droid X and Outlook 2003, though not sure how that is progressing.

Upvote 0
My contacts are somewhat syncd but no show the photo's that I have in my Outlook only my FB. Plus, I can't seem to make my Outlook view as the default instead it defaults to "all" and has added all my FB friends.I know you can change the view but I would much rather have a default selection. I'm using exchange with Outlook 2007.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this answers the question, but I use the Google Apps sync on my PC (to connect Outlook 2007 to my Google Apps account -- contacts and calendar) and the X. Contacts/calendars sync super-easily. Tasks -- not so much (there are some options out there for wireless sync). If you need more help look up Remember the Milk.

The only thing that doesn't sync per se are Notes/Memos, but there're options for Notes/Memo sync as well. Just a question of how you want to go about it.

Upvote 0
You might want to try Touchdown for Exchange. I use it with Outlook 2003 and it works great (with OWA). They have a free trial and also has the option to send contacts to phone so you can still use your phone contacts list for the exchange contacts.
(The Google Desktop Sync is also a great idea)!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I feel like a total moron! I just discovered that most of my contacts, calender and reminders are in fact on my phone. I didn't realize I have to access them through the deja office program. However, many of my contacts are not there. Blackberry definitely has Droid beat when it comes to synching with Outlook. And yes, I realize contact and calender management might go smoother if I move it all over to Google. But at this time, I just not comfortable using Google to manage my life.

In the settings for DejaOffice select sync settings. You can specify that you also want to sync Android contacts, calendar, etc.

Upvote 0
CompanionLink is a terror and nightmare! It just jumbled up all 1300 of my contacts! Took phone numbers from one person and put them on another person's record, email addresses from relatives put on coworkers records, how could that possibly happen! Stay away from CompanionLink!!! I am NOT an employee of some other app developer. I am a user (HTC Evo 4G). I've been syncing Palm devices since 1997, have migrated to Outlook from Palm Desktop and like to think I kind of know what I'm doing. Companion Link clearly does NOT know what they are doing. When I called them for help, their unfriendly receptionist told me quitting time is 4PM so too bad for me.

Upvote 0
Chris, I heard there were issues with the Droid ( not X ) and Outlook synch, but I have Outlook 2007 and it synchs very smoothly with my DROID X - all contacts, calendars, etc. - though I am synching wirelessly, not through usb. Also heard there were some synch issues with Droid X and Outlook 2003, though not sure how that is progressing.

Can you please give step by step instructions on how you are doing this? I was told the Droid X will sync with Outlook (by 2 different sales reps) but now that I have it no one can figure out how to do it without forking over money for a 3 party app!

Thank you,
Cindy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones