1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for immediate Kijiji notifications as things are posted

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Andrew Jurgens, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Andrew Jurgens

I have an S7 although I’m looking for a phone in which I’m notified immediately as what I’m looking for is posted on Kijiji. Does your phone do this or what phone does this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

ocnbrze, Andrew Jurgens and Dannydet like this.
  3. Andrew Jurgens

When I go to settings my only options are WIFI, Bluetooth, Flight Mode, Mobile Networks, Location, Sound, Brightness, Battery and Accessibility.

4. Andrew Jurgens

I only have so many options, no notification settings.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

On a Samsung Galaxy S7, Notifications should be the third from top in the main Settings menu. That's where it is on my S7. And if you open that you should see a list of your installed apps, where they can be toggled ON or OFF for each app.
    Untitled.jpg

#5 mikedt, Jun 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Tap the little gear in your settings screen, you will need to swipe down twice to see the little gear.... Then choose apps and notifications, then find your Kijiji app for notifications... See screenshots. Screenshot_20210602-055053.png Screenshot_20210602-055053.png Screenshot_20210602-055235.png

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  7. Andrew Jurgens

I am not given this option in Settings

Attached Files:

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You stated "S7" in your OP, now is that a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge or something else? One thing your "S7" phone doesn't have SAMSUNG at the top, which these phones should have AFAIK. Also the Settings menu on your phone quite frankly looks quite sparse.

On my S7 with Android 8, in the Settings menu I have:
    Connections
    Sound and vibration

Notifications
    Display
    Wallpapers and themes
    Advanced features
    Device maintenance
    Apps
    Lock screen and security
    Cloud and accounts
    Google
    Accessibility
    General management
    Software update
    User manual
    About phone
    Developer options

For reference this is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
    Note SAMSUNG at the top.
    s7.jpg

#8 mikedt, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  9. Andrew Jurgens

this phone is an Samsung S7 and yes my settings menu is very sparse. Anything can do to fix this issue?

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm still trying to work out what exactly you've got there, and from what I've seen so far. It could be a fake Samsung S7? Like the fact it doesn't have SAMSUNG at the top, and the Settings menu has abnormally few items on it. Where did you buy this phone?

This shows the main problem I'm having with your S7 Edge. And now why I think it could be a counterfeit, and isn't what it seems.

What I know as an S7 Edge. "SAMSUNG"
    Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 10.21.05.png
    Your phone. No "SAMSUNG"
    The positioning of the camera and sensors is different as well. Also the clock on yours is on the left, it should be on the right on this phone(when running stock Samsung firmware).
    kirfS7.jpg
    EDIT: Your phone actually looks more like a Galaxy S8 Edge. Although that still doesn't account for so few menu items in the Settings.

#10 mikedt, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021