• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for incons

xraychick01

Nov 8, 2010
I'm new to Android/smart phones. I have an unrooted HTC Aria which I love so far. I really like the idea of customizing my phone. I started off with LauncherPro and have since installed ADW.Launcher to see which I like better. I like the idea of themes/changing icons so I suspect ADW.Launcher is best for that. I have found lots of themes for ADW.Launcher on the market but do these typically include icons too? Right now I really just want to change the icons since I've found some backgrounds that I like. I'm still trying to figure it all out. There is a lot to take in. Thanks!

Yes all the themes include their own icons! before you apply a theme be SURE to go to the setting for ADW. Launcher (press menu than setting) make SURE "USE THEME ICONS" is checked otherwise you will not have any icons. hope this helps! please thank if it does!
Cool! Thanks! So one more question...say I download a theme and I just want to use the icons but not the wallpaper. Can I do that or do I have to use it all? Right now I just want to change the icons. I've seen things posted about icon packs. Are they usually downloaded to the computer and then put on the sd card?

Upvote 0
you can definitely do just use the icons and have a different wallpaper. Once you apply the theme change your paper (usually done by pressing down on an empty area on the home screen you should see an option for wall paper).
Icon packs are just the icons which you can also use as long as you have ADW.Laucher installed (icon packs are stored where all your other apps are) to get to ADW.Launcher setting hit menu when on the home screen, then u should see ADW.Setting and let me know if u need help from there on.

Reactions: xraychick01
Upvote 0
you can definitely do just use the icons and have a different wallpaper. Once you apply the theme change your paper (usually done by pressing down on an empty area on the home screen you should see an option for wall paper).
Icon packs are just the icons which you can also use as long as you have ADW.Laucher installed (icon packs are stored where all your other apps are) to get to ADW.Launcher setting hit menu when on the home screen, then u should see ADW.Setting and let me know if u need help from there on.
Ok. Are there any free icon packs out there that will work with ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro? Most of the icon packs I see on the market are for Open Home with the exception of the themes for ADW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones