• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for info on lighting "2.5" ROM

SDX Nexus Lightning ROM Stable 2.5 6/8/2010 New Screenshots UP

there you go. i was actually looking for info on this too. i want to put it on my phone but don't know how buggy it is

Haven't seen any bugs in it yet. Runs fairly smooth. I'll give it four days to a week, though, because that's when problems with ANY new ROMS start to show.

Lots of reading on that page and although the developer is great at programming, it's difficult to decipher his English at times.

Reactions: edp
Upvote 0
sorry if this is an uber noob question, but i was wondering if it's really that wrong to install this over what i'm currently running, and using my current recovery? i know that it's recommended to reflash to the stock rom and forcystos 3.8.0 recovery , but man, i'd rather not have to reinstall all my stuff. right now i'm running littlejth 1.2 with joey's recovery 2.1.3. any help would be much appreciated.

edit: never mind, i went ahead and loaded it all without reflashing and so far so good

Upvote 0
Dang, I'm currently on 2.2. How much improvement is 2.7 comapared to his 2.2 release? Also, I can currently use custom themes with 2.2. Can you use custom themes still with 2.7?

Has anyone had any problems using this build.prop to fix the market issues?

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-1/how-to-access-protect-apps-in-the-market/

Also, I saw that the "Water" Live wallpaper has been modded??? I like the original so is there anyway to keep it?

Upvote 0
Dang, I'm currently on 2.2. How much improvement is 2.7 comapared to his 2.2 release? Also, I can currently use custom themes with 2.2. Can you use custom themes still with 2.7?

Has anyone had any problems using this build.prop to fix the market issues?

How to access Protected Apps in the Market...

Also, I saw that the "Water" Live wallpaper has been modded??? I like the original so is there anyway to keep it?

i didn't use his 2.2, so i can't say how it compares. but i've been running the 2.7 since this morning, and it's fast, stable, the 3d gallery works correctly, the video camera is very much improved, the gps locks faster, and my phone just works better period. and i'm running the licorice theme over it with no problems. haven't tried the market fix yet. i think i'll just wait for the developer to address that in his new version since he seems to keep pumping them out so quickly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones