1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Looking for input

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nocaldawg, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Nocaldawg

Nocaldawg Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2012
    So I am a current Verizon customer and I purchase tablet data on contract through December of this year. Don't want to debate the merits of this because it is done. Currently have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and seriously considering selling and getting the Nexus 7 LTE. When my contract runs, I may want to explore other data options away from Big Red. Is this possible? Perhaps on a pay as you go plan. Also, thoughts on the tablet switch.....appreciate the thoughts of the folks at Android Central.....That nexus 7 screen and speed is nice

Advertisement

2. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    IT Helpdesk Technician
    The 408
    I'm not sure I understand your query...

If you're asking if you can take your N7, after having it activated on Verizon, to another carrier, the answer is yes. The N7 is unlocked, and will work on just about any GSM/LTE network that will allow it.

I buy data prepaid for mine from T-Mobile.

3. tukatz

tukatz Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Retired
    Lakewood, WA
    On the switch, I had planned on taking my first plunge into the tablet world with the Galaxy Note 10.1. My thought was here, finally, is a tablet that can replace my laptop. When it hit the store shelves I went and looked at it. I had already asked a lot of questions on a forum and concluded that it probably couldn't. I also looked at the N7. The larger screen size did not seem to me to justify the price. I bought my N7 3 or 4 months ago and it has all but replaced my laptop. It is a terrific tablet and I couldn't be more pleased. Hope that helps.

4. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

Jul 23, 2010
    Male
    Sandy Eggo, Ca
    I use a lot of wifi on mine but can use my phones hotspot if i'm out and about, i have no mistakes in getting mine .