• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Music App

Have a Galaxy S7 Verizon phone. None of the free music apps I've found so far - including the Samsung Music app on the phone - sort the music inside the playlists. They leave it as it is - which is the order in which I put it on the list, with the most recent songs being LAST (which IMO is really stupid to be the default sort).

Is there an app out there that sorts the music on the playlists? A-Z and other options? Because none of them seem to have any options except "shuffle" (grrr). I don't want to pay for one unless I know it can do what I want, but will gladly buy one that sorts!

Thanks -

Fred

BTW I did find *two* Playlists files. The one on the phone had the playlists actually in it (with the music being stored on my SD card, that makes sense, not...). Can't open the files, needs something that opens PLA in the phone. Even though I have Pi Music on the phone, and it's supposed to do that..... But I am copying them into my card file just in case.

Now that I know where the files are, is there a way to sort them there? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones