1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Looking for new Rom! and need help with a bunch of other stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by No Hands 55, Jan 13, 2013.

1. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest
    None
    looking for a new ics rom. thinking about going back to cyanogen. what is the best CM the evo has now? i tried strike and the menus were all messed up and am currently running SonicFlame which i am enjoying, anything better?

i really liked decks reloaded for the amount of things that came with the rom, anywhere i can get a pack of apps like that? and any new awesome kernels i must have?

also wanted to know if there is any theme like the crystal theme that has a majority of app icons and system stuff themed? or just an ics blue icon theme i can flash? im not using crystal because i would like something that matches the ICS blue. and if anyone has any links on where i can maybe learn to make my own them please post them!

is there anyway to find themed versions of swype that would go with ICS? i have been stumbling upon places i used to get them but they are all taken down now. anywhere else?

and does anyone have any idea why my lock screen on sonicFlame rotates even when i have rotate off and the screen locked?

also any good not to bulky case recommendations? im using an old incipio black hardshell thats cracking

sorry for so many questions and thanks for all the help!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    ok i numbered your questions to make it easier for me to answer them

1. right now you have to remember that the evo 4g is an old phone by tech standards so development has slowed down. i have not tried any of the ics roms for the og evo.

you can get most of the ics roms here as well as kernels:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/618281-list-utilities-apps-roms-kernels-og-evo.html

also over at EVO 4G Android Development

2. not sure on what apps you are looking for, but you can always use titanium backup and make a backup of those apps in reloaded.

3. not sure about that theme but you can find some themes and mods here:EVO 4G Themes and Apps

and a guide to theming can be found here:
    http://androidforums.com/faqs/633037-guide-how-wip-easy-theming.html

4. swype has asked many sites not to offer themed swype apk's. there were many cease and desist letters handed out so you will not be able to find any.

5. not sure on your lockscreen. maybe try and wipe dalvik cache and cache. if that does not work then wipe only dalvik cache and cache and re-flash the rom. this will not wipe data and it might fix your issue.

6. i never used a case on my phones. i only use an invisishield from zagg to protect my device. i think cases ruins the look of the phone......so far so good.

hope that helps.

tube517, Mikestony and No Hands 55 like this.
  3. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest
    None
    that did help a lot thanks for all the links. i found my old swype apk so im good there. and good idea on titanium backup too. would i need that paid version or would free work? im using a zagg shield also but im in the mood for a case and i have one of those crappy evos with the light bleeding at the bottom from the 4 buttons so a case helps with that.

was thinking about going with the s3 or note 2 but my evo is running great and new roms will keep me from being bored with it too. im probably gunna go with this until it dies or until samsung puts their new flex screens on a galaxy s or note model in the future.

again thanks for all the help

4. ocnbrze

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    no worries

the paid version is sooooo worth it. but you will also need the free version as well as the pro key for tb.

tube517 and Mikestony like this.
  5. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest
    None
    awesome ill have to use a nandroid and go back to my decks loadout to get those apps. gunna have a go at themeing icons for myself to match ics style too

edit and anyone know why my 4 buttons only light up sometimes? they did when i first installed the rom and now im noticing they arent lighting up. same happened with other rom as well

6. ocnbrze

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    you broke it:D:D:D

not really sure but sound like it might be hardware related if other roms are doing it.

7. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest
    None
    hmm i sure hope not haha. it worked fine with decks reloaded. now when i use any other rom it seems to work fine initially then they dont light up :/

8. ocnbrze

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    well your other option is to try a stock rooted rom and see if it will work or not. if not then my guess is that it is hardware.....but they are just lights.....do the buttons still function? if so maybe you might want to endure it until you can upgrade to a newer phone.

9. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    I also think there is a setting in the Reloaded Rom to adjust your button lights. (I gotta fire up my Evo to check):D

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. No Hands 55

No Hands 55 Guest
    None
    yeh they still work fine just annoyed me not knowing why they went off

11. ocnbrze

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    i wish i knew too......lol