• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Opinion on Skyrocket

Dsburk0203

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
Currently have iPhone 4S. I have had every iPhone made and have also had the Inspire and the Atrix. I'm not married to any system or brand. Mainly like the iPhone because I have an iPad so it is nice for the two to communicate. Just wondering how the skyrocket compares to the 4s. I have the opportunity to trade my 4s for a like new skyrocket and need help making the decision. I did really enjoy both android devices that I have and really have no preference between iOS and android.

I just switched (last week) from an iPhone4 to the Skyrocket and love it. Small learning curve and a few (very minor) annoyances. But I'm loving the phone so far and have no complaints. In fact - there are some great things that I enjoy about the new phone vs the iPhone. One I just "figured out" today - which is that when I email pictures - they actually retain their file name. Not only that - but I can rename the photo to whatever I want ON THE PHONE. Some might see this as no big deal/not a worthwhile feature - but I love it and was so tired of always having the same files emailed (photo1, photo2, photo3) etc.

Upvote 0
i came to android as of last week from a blackberry and was completely blown away the minute i had it in my hands. i thought i would get lost in the learning curve but was actually felt at home. a lot of the "little things" are similar to blackberry.

im in a 4G area and the LTE is awesomely put to use. the things is faster than my home internet it seems.

the only thing that has irked me so far is battery life might need a spare battery for heavy use but i guess its a trade off if you want a device that resembles a high speed computer in your hands.

i think i'll be an android user for quite a while after my first impressions.

Upvote 0
Made the switch this weekend and am extremely happy thus far. Today was my first full day with the phone and the battery is just now about to give way. My 4s would be on the charger right now. I teach technology at a small school and we have a metal roof which kills the signal. Add in a room full of servers, routers and computer equipment and my phone rarely has signal. The Skyrocket had consistent signal all day thus making the most out of my battery even In those conditions. We are not in an LTE area just yet but are just on the outskirts. The 4G is plenty fast for me for the time being. I will keep you posted, but for now I am glad to be back on android.

Upvote 0
One more note, I made my first endeavor in rooting, or I should say unrooting yesterday. The person I traded with was not totally forthcoming and I realized once I got home that the phone had been rooted. After some trial and error I got the phone uprooted and back to the stock rom. Rooting is just not my thing personally and I am perfectly happy with the phone stock.

Upvote 0
My previous phone was bb torch, most of my friends use iphones and wanted me to get with the program. I played with ipods and iphones, they are very nice, but I never really felt that I had to have that phone. When my upgrade came up I went to att store and had a chance to pay with Skyrocket (they had a demo phone) and the moment I touched that phone I love it, the sceen was big and it was so fast, and it had all these widgets :)... and I totally had to have it.
It has been almost a week since I had my skyrocket phone, everything is running smooth and I love it... I'm still learning about it, but basics I got it. I use it constanly, skyping, navigation, video playing, podcast, photo editing, organizing, facebook, twitter, keeping track of everything at super speed :D... plus I love my widgets galore!!!!
ps just yesterday one of my friends youtube video wouldn't load(was taking forever) on her iphone, so she used my skyrocket to watch it with...so I told her that now she needs to get with a program and get an android phone lol

Upvote 0
I went straight to the Skyrocket from an old Blackberry and absolutely love it.

My mom bought the 4S, and as soon as she saw my phone and saw what it could do, she took the 4S back, got the Skyrocket, and has absolutely raved about it since.

This thread has many posts like yours that are proactive regarding the Skyrocket, just got it today for free, replacing the Atrix and really like it a lot thus far. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones