• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for opinions on laptops

Personally, I have never had an Asus fail unless it was physical damage.

I have seen more dead HP's than all the other brands combined. HP seems to be another love hate brand, there are loyal supporters and total haters, I haven't come across anything in between.

Toshiba is a good, solid laptop also. Similar experience to Asus.

I won't touch Acer with a ten foot pole and if you try to give me one I will throw it at you! This stems from my time at Supercom when they were one of the top ten suppliers in 99-01. I was RMA supervisor at our branch and we had over 80% failure rate on Acer components!

All that said, if you have the budget I love my Taichi from Asus, just wish they would have gotten the 13" out in time, I had to pre order before the end of the year for tax reasons.

Upvote 0
Sony makes a nice laptop - they are definitely spendy, but the overall quality of the laptop is there.

also toshiba does as well.

I used to fix laptops/also break them down into parts & sell them, and the main guts of each machine is the same - find one you like the looks of/feel of keyboard/touchpad and make sure it has good battery life & get a ssd drive!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones