• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for phone recommendations!

Rhyme

Lurker
Aug 28, 2017
(I hope this is the right place to ask.)

The phone I'm looking for would need to have:
- on screen buttons (ones that hide themselves in full screen), with the back button being preferably on the left side
- comfortable size, nothing too big
- decent wifi range, my old Moto G keeps disconnecting from the router next room...
- a microSD slot
- a price that's not insane

I believe that's it! Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
If you like the Moto G line the Moto G5 Plus would work for $229 or $299 if a 5.2 inch screen isn't too big. You'd have to enable the the back button, I think it's off by default, only takes a minute.
Thanks for responding! The phone does look like it could be nice, but it appears to have a hardware button, which is something I definitely don't want - this particular phone's button seems a bit different than those in a Samsung Galaxy I tried, but I'm still worried about accidentally pressing it as I play certain games. Is it possible to disable the button and enable on screen buttons without having to root the phone?

If your WiFi keeps turning off or losing connection restart / reset your router.
Done that and more, I'm afraid. I'd even tried different wifi connections, so I'm quite sure it's the phone's fault. Thank you though!

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
You can switch the on screen buttons on/off in the phones settings without root.

When the screen buttons are on I think the hardware button is a fingerprint reader and Home button.
Thank you for answering my question! If it keeps being a home button, it might still be a problem, do you by any chance know how easy it is to accidentally press the button? (As in, would a gentle touch be enough to make the phone go to the home screen?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones