1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Looking for some help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brianm109, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Brianm109

Brianm109 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    I downloaded Handcent SMS and really like it but I do notice that when I get a text notification I also get one from the Eris message app. Any way to turn off the original Eris Message app off? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Female
    Dental Assistant
    IL
    Try going into settings>applications>manage applications>messages>clear defaults.
    Then go into handcent, there should be a pop up, select>use as default>handcent.

Also, you can go into settings in handcent(the little wrench in the upper right hand corner) and deselect pop ups I think, if you don't want any kind of pop up when you recieve a text, because even handcent will have one. Hope this helps!

3. Karib answered for you about the settings for that.

I just wanted to offer this: toss Handcent and get the most out of the stock messaging application; it is very good. ;)

That goes for Dolphin (or other) browser as opposed to the stock browser, as well.

I know others feel differently, but I'm just trying to help thinking long term with your Eris.

4. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Mira Loma, CA
    You are getting double notifications. Simple to solve.
    Go to your app list and open Messages>Menu>Settings scroll down and uncheck the box "Notifications"

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009

+1