• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for someone to learn dev with me

Campah

Nov 7, 2009
So after a couple of weeks with the Droid, I want to learn to develop for this thing. I find these things easier when you have someone else to learn with. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends that own a Droid (yet), so I'm looking for someone here willing to learn with me so we can answer eachother's questions and figure stuff out together. Hell who knows, maybe we'll even come up with a killer app.

My background
Primarily, I'm a Mac person, but I've got a Win 7 laptop I use almost as much as my iMac.

I did some iPhone development, but it was mostly simple stuff, and I never submitted an app. I know C, C++, and a bit of objective C. Also VB.NET. Haven't ever played with java. I am not a graphics person at all.

I'm not looking for anything serious, just to play. Sorry if this sounds like some sort of eHarmony profile haha.

I am pretty much brand new to Android development, having just finished my first ultra-simple project over the weekend. I am somewhat familiar with Java, and am very interested in apps that deal with processing web data. I have a few app ideas, would love to have some fellow new devs to work with if you all are interested.

Send me a PM. I need to get my computer setup to code for Android.

Is there a decent guide that explains it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones