• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for something DIFFERENT!

Lyvewire

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2010
My old rooted phone usb port went out on me and I received a refurbished with 2.3.3 already installed. Spent a few days finding out how to root and get S-off. It worked and I downloaded Evolved Rom Directors Cut and Sinester Rom RLV8. It was cool to see some of the new features the EVo3D has on these roms but after reloading everything off Titanium things became old again fast...

In the past I was a fan of Myn 4 and 5 (but lost my 4g between radio flash or rom..never found out how),Baked Snack,MikZ, Cyanogen, MIUI and maybe a few others, (older versions of course).Trying Evolved and Sinester almost made me feel like I had a new phone with 3d unlock n a few other things yet I was wondering...

Is there anything ROMS out here that people feel like is blowing every other rom out the water?? Just curious.. Good battery life would help of course but not a deal breaker. If theres another thread similiar I apoligize. Feel free to point me the right direction..

*I have a upgrade for a new phone and I dont want to jump on the wagon and get a Iphone. Been a die hard Evo since opening day I bought but..its starting to get old. Considered a Photon at some point...

Thanks in advance!

My old rooted phone usb port went out on me and I received a refurbished with 2.3.3 already installed. Spent a few days finding out how to root and get S-off. It worked and I downloaded Evolved Rom Directors Cut and Sinester Rom RLV8. It was cool to see some of the new features the EVo3D has on these roms but after reloading everything off Titanium things became old again fast...

In the past I was a fan of Myn 4 and 5 (but lost my 4g between radio flash or rom..never found out how),Baked Snack,MikZ, Cyanogen, MIUI and maybe a few others, (older versions of course).Trying Evolved and Sinester almost made me feel like I had a new phone with 3d unlock n a few other things yet I was wondering...

Is there anything ROMS out here that people feel like is blowing every other rom out the water?? Just curious.. Good battery life would help of course but not a deal breaker. If theres another thread similiar I apoligize. Feel free to point me the right direction..

*I have a upgrade for a new phone and I dont want to jump on the wagon and get a Iphone. Been a die hard Evo since opening day I bought but..its starting to get old. Considered a Photon at some point...

Thanks in advance!

I would definitely check out Mik3D, it's in Beta right now but this ROM was almost perfect when it was just an Alpha. Run the V6 Supercharger script and you can run that thing like a dream without even overclocking (I've actually read a few posts where people recommend not OC/UV'ing when using that script, not sure if there's any merit to that or not).

I personally use that as my every-day ROM with the Honeycomb theme (friggin beautiful).

Overall the ROM is extremely stable while still being flashy and shiny and other appealing adjectives that I can't think of at the moment.

Reactions: Lyvewire
Upvote 0
If you really want something that feels different, try downloading CM7 and downloading themes for theme chooser on the market. There are a bunch of themes out there that are awesome and very easy to switch back and forth since you don't flash them.

As far as just being a rock solid ROM, I'm a MikG fan. 2.5 is the most current version. Either the Freedom or Chop Suey kernels work quite well with my phone. Some like Mik3D but I don't like the look of it. Flash away!

Reactions: Lyvewire
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones