• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for something new...suggestions please!

Tboltfan25

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2011
NJ
So I have been running DAS BAMF 4.9 and it's truly a great ROM in my opinion. Having said that, I am still very new to the whole idea of running custom ROMS and have not had any experience with any other ROMS that are available for the Thunderbolt. I am having some weather lockscreen issues, and some force close issues (which i believe were caused by my stupidity when restoring with TiBU) and i decided that I need to re-flash this ROM, and I figured why not just try something else and see what else is out there...get my feet a little wet so to speak ;)...I do like the Sense 3.0 stuff, so I was wondering what else is good out there that's stable, with minimal issues that I could flash??

PS: I just finished downloading Gingeritis 1.2 but am not sure if I want to flash that bc I have read ALOT of stuff about random reboots going on, and since the day I rooted my TB (even stock rooted) I've never had a reboot since...flashed the MR2.75 and now I am running the latest "Official" radio both worked flawlessly for me with 0 reboots...rebooting is definitely not something I am looking forward to welcoming back to my TB :)

TBoltFan25

Your best bet is to open the threads to the ROMs and read the replies within the thread. I just loaded [ROM][6.20.11] BAMF GingerREMIX v2.1 and it's a little buggy, but I like it better, especially some of the wallpapers.

2.1_preview.png

Upvote 0
What exactly is an AOSP ROM? I see the term thrown around a lot, but I don't know what it means...sorry for being a n00b.

AOSP-Android Open Source Project

Its stock Android, no custom UIs(sense, motoblur,etc). Its Android the way Google means for Android to be.(did that make sense?...i think it did) AOSP on the Thunderbolt has some RIL issues that still need to be worked out but it i good enough to be used as a daily driver as is.

As WormDoes said the AOSP ROMS for the Thunderbolt are:
WormDoes said:
CM7
OMFGB
OMGB
Liquid Thunderseven

Upvote 0
I notice I get a wifi prompt for every app I use that requires data services. It's a little annoying. I'm sure there's an easy way to shut it off, but I may go back to my older ROM for now.

That's a part of the new gingerbread by default. Chingy didn't do that.
The next time you open a app that causes that, simply select never prompt from the list.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious, what is it about Synergy that you love so much?

The way it runs on my phone. I have had a few hiccups, but for the most part, Ive been problem free with it. I get beast battery life for how much I use my phone, and my games play SMOOTH. Especially the HD games that I play. With sense totally stripped out, except for the lock screen, and using GOLauncher, I get no lag and no random reboots due to voltages. The transitions are snappy as hell too.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious, what is it about Synergy that you love so much?

hes always loved virus,even back to the original 1.12.605.6-based "airborne".

i liked airborne alot,and virus' 3.0 element rom on my friends evo looked pretty sweet,too. i thot virus was fast as heck for a stock based rom(like incredibly reengineered was for the inc) and had some neat elements in the UI. it was definately my favorite senseless rom at the time. id have definately kept using it if it had gotten updated to newer bases as they appeared.

i keep meaning to try senseless synergy and see if it lives up to my airbore expectations and all mclabia's ravings :D

Upvote 0
hes always loved virus,even back to the original 1.12.605.6-based "airborne".

i liked airborne alot,and virus' 3.0 element rom on my friends evo looked pretty sweet,too. i thot virus was fast as heck for a stock based rom(like incredibly reengineered was for the inc) and had some neat elements in the UI. it was definately my favorite senseless rom at the time. id have definately kept using it if it had gotten updated to newer bases as they appeared.

i keep meaning to try senseless synergy and see if it lives up to my airbore expectations and all mclabia's ravings :D

Gotta do your own senseless. Hes been kinda coddling the idiots that couldnt read how to simply install sense, and tossed it back in to install by default. Keep in mind though that these are still nightlies. Bugs happen, but it feels a hell of a lot more polished than your average nightly. Once it hits RC status, Ill force him to do a senseless version. lol.

Hes also working on a doubleshot and I cant wait for it. I LOVE the five app rosie.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
by "do your own senseless" do you mean simply removing sense stuff with titanium or root explorer? or is there another way(sorry i havent read any of the thread yet)?

a doubleshot port would be sweet. id love it if he could get it goin after old r2 just said "eff it" and gave up :D

next time im in a non-aosp mood ill defaintely give the latest nightly a shot.

Upvote 0
by "do your own senseless" do you mean simply removing sense stuff with titanium or root explorer? or is there another way(sorry i havent read any of the thread yet)?

a doubleshot port would be sweet. id love it if he could get it goin after old r2 just said "eff it" and gave up :D

next time im in a non-aosp mood ill defaintely give the latest nightly a shot.

I use TiBu to remove stuff. I guess I could use root explorer, but it just seems safe to me to do it through TiBu. I remove about 100 filed. lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones