• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for something that basically mirrors the pocket ref

bldgengineer

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2010
Chester MD
The pocket ref would be great as long as its searchable and organized in an easy toview manner. That way I could throw out about 5 different apps I now use on a daily basis bit still find myself reaching for that tiny book!

I'd be willing to donate one of mine if someone can get this done with all the info inthe book!

That's a LOT of information to figure out how to present in a single app (much less keep in a small amount of space). That's probably why there are so many individual apps out there (like resistors, sine tables, tolerances, etc.) instead of giant all-purpose ones.

I'd be willing to take a stab at it, but it would take years to plug in that kind of data in readable format, much less providing search. Maybe a better start is to ask what type of engineering you do, and what are all the apps you wish you could combine into one? A better way may be to create a series of apps, one per engineering field, since everyone needs different things. Or even better would be to make this a Wiki, where the community at-large could add tables and data to it, and make it easily readable on mobile browsers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones