• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for stock 1.6 rom without all the extra changes. Any?

RomeSC

Oct 24, 2010
Hello all,

I have been poking around in this forum for over a month, reading all about BHman's roms (take5 in particular), but there are SOO many changes and seemingly bugs that have yet to be fixed on very basic functions (like vibration for sms...)

What I am looking for, and have yet to find, is a rom that does nothing but remove the samsung bloatware and touchwiz UI.

Does such a thing exist? I don't need all those special changes. Basically, I want my Behold 2 to run on stock android 1.6 or as close as possible.

I can't seem to find that on here, and cannot determine which rom is closest to that (and most bug free).

Anyone willing to help with that? I have used ODIN to flash OTA 1.6 update so I know my ODIN is working and recognizing the Behold 2, so thats a good start right?

Thanks in advance, I really want this phone to stop moving so slowly, and always be out of space for apps because samsung filled it with junk and then laid their terrible UI on top of it all.

Help please?

take5 is going to be your best bet if you want vibrate. you just have to adjust in your settings to make it so vibrate works for sms. unfortunately, it still has the touchwiz UI. Stock android, best bet would be final Galaxy ROM by BH_MAN, but that has no vibration whatsoever. i've been running take5 since it came out and there's practically no flaws. however, i haven't tried any of the ROMs that were made after BH_MAN stopped working on this phone, so you'd have to wait for someone to let you know about those....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones