1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for the "tab" key

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrJim, Apr 12, 2012.

1. DrJim

DrJim Newbie

One of the weaknesses of the Android format is the lack of a "tab" key on the keyboard. This makes a number of word processing functions more difficult. Is there a keyboard app that includes the tab key, especially one that works with Documents to Go?

Thanks,

JIm

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

Swype has a Tab key.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

Tab or tap the screen where you want to type? What's the difference? You are touching the screen the same number of times or in the case of touching where you want to type.....maybe less times?

4. Android Al

Android Al Newbie

Hacker's Keyboard will give you a tab key and a whole lot more.

I've used it as my only keyboard the past year with no regrets.

5. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

I agree when it comes to filling out forms, but I think they are more interested in using a tab in a Word document to indent a line.

6. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

I just realized that this was posted in the DX forum and not the Transformer Prime forum ;) Swype does have a Tab key on the phone version, but it is tough to get to. You have to go into the special character keyboard and then hit the shift key and the space button turns into the tab button. Or you can hold down the space button for a second until the [Tab] bubble pops up. Release and the tab will be inserted.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews