• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Three Distinctly different people

sfbloodbrother

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2012
Chicago IL
Hey all.

I need three distinctly different people to interview for my Cultural Anthropology interview paper. By different, I mean culturally different. Currently I will be interviewing my friend who is from the Netherlands. The more distinct the culture is from each other, the better. If you would like to be interviewed, Awesome!

I know that here on Android Forums, we have radically different people here from all parts of the world, and the real life world I'm in here, or the people I usually surround myself around are all typically Americans, or those who have lived in the States their whole life.

I am aiming to interview 4 people.
My friend from the Netherlands
An American friend of mine
Open Interview
Open Interview

It'd be good to have three people in mind, just in case. So, yeah, I'm interested in learning a bit more about the different cultures some of us on Android Forums have.

So, a bit about this paper. It's not something that's going to be published. The only person reading this will be my professor. If you all would like, I could post the finished paper after Thanksgiving (November 27).

So, here are some of the types of questions I may be asking you. I think I may aim to stay on the topic of Gender, or how male and female roles are distinct in different cultures. I think that may be my topic.

"What roles do men/women play in society/family?"
"How is sexuality viewed in your culture?"
"Have men's/women's role changed in your society over time?"

These may be some of the main questions. There will be some follow up questions too, guiding questions and all that.

So, yeah, if your interested, I would like to interview you. Let me know. We might do this over Skype, or email if that's best for you.

Of course, a Brit working in China would be pretty culturally different from somebody in the US.

Yeh..haha. a Brit who's been living and working continuously in China for six years now. And I have become quite familiar with Chinese culture and customs. LOL TBF I feel more at home in Xilinhot than I do in my home city of Bristol, which I visited during the summer. But I'm still thinking a couple of good friends of mine, who are Chinese would like to do something like this.

BTW @SF, how would you plan to do the "interviews" using voice on something like Skype, or written via PM or email?

Upvote 0
hey... Mike would be a good source.. because he would also be able to tell you how his 2 environments differ.
a unique view point.

a person that is fully Chinese.. and lives in china.. and is biased to his culture.
may not be able to fully express or understand what you are trying to get out of them.

Upvote 0
Yeh..haha. a Brit who's been living and working continuously in China for six years now. And I have become quite familiar with Chinese culture and customs. LOL TBF I feel more at home in Xilinhot than I do in my home city of Bristol, which I visited during the summer. But I'm still thinking a couple of good friends of mine, who are Chinese would like to do something like this.

BTW @SF, how would you plan to do the "interviews" using voice on something like Skype, or written via PM or email?
What ever works best for the person I am interviewing. Email, skype, google hangouts anything really will work.

Upvote 0
hey... Mike would be a good source.. because he would also be able to tell you how his 2 environments differ.
a unique view point.

a person that is fully Chinese.. and lives in china.. and is biased to his culture.
may not be able to fully express or understand what you are trying to get out of them.
Weather they lived in China for 5 years or their whole life it's going to be radically different than what I'm used to. The more different the cultures from what I interview the easier it's going to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones