• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for two apps - sport scores + memory monitor

Hello,

I am looking for 2 apps:

1. My HTC Desire works a bit slowly lately and i want to check the memory usage of the apps.

Thanks

On Android devices, what you want to monitor is CPU usage by an app, not memory. Apps that use a lot of CPU will bog down your phone. Apps using 100% of your memory, but no CPU cycles (e.g., "idle") -- will NOT bog down your phone.

There are two apps that monitor CPU well. SystemPanel and Watchdog. I prefer Watchdog myself, but a majority of folks like SystemPanel. You won't go wrong with either. Just don't fall into the Windows mindset that high-memory-usage is bad...that is a prob with Windows, as Windows doesn't release resources when it should but Android DOES. High-memory usage in Android is GOOD.

Read the article in my signature and that will help explain this more elegantly.

2. I am looking for a widget that show soccer scores + tables of my favorite teams.

Thanks

Check out Score Mobile.

Upvote 0
If you want app specifically for soccer, ScoreMobile FC is incredible, it has every league you could possibly be interested in. For other sports, I use regular ScoreMobile, although some people like the other apps mentioned, so you might want to check them out (the ESPN app is shockingly horrible btw). But for soccer, ScoreMobile FC is the best ainec.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones