• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for volunteers - Win $10 Amazon GC

cpsdevel

Lurker
Dec 18, 2012
Apologies if this is not the correct place to post!

We are looking for volunteers that send us some of their usage data for research purposes. This is a University study with IRB approval, for those of you that are concerned :)

The collected data is a mix of the application UIDs on your device and the network statistics stored on the device by the Android OS (we tested on AOS 4+), i.e., what networks were used for what time by what app. No user-identification data is collected. You can double-check looking into the files collected in the "/mnt/sdcard/cpsmobile" folder, which contains the data we collect.

You need a rooted device!

In Google Play Store search for NetstatGatherer OR use the following link:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobile.cps.cmich.edu.netstatgatherer

If you submit via the email option by 12/31/2012, we enter you into a daily drawing for 3 $10 Amazon gift cards!

Thanks for reading and/or participating!

I use a tremendous amount of data
Im rooted
How are you looking to do this
I do not wish for too much intrusion
I would prefer not to transmit the log out and save it to file and email it, so I can look and see what data I could be giving you first.
Prepaidguy9081 - we're collecting the netstat files and uid (packages) on the phone. The app itself can submit the generated database file anonymousdly (no GC drawing), or you can click on the email button of the app - that opens the default email client with all files we'd like to look at as attachment.
Also, look into the /cpsmobile folder on the sdcard, it should contain all files generated.
THANKS!

Upvote 0
no offense... i dont know you..

but i dont think anyone trying to scam, cheat, lie to me.. would admit to it.

and I aint got the time or understanding to.. look through the data files / run apps.. to make sure there aint nothin fishy going on.

note.. i dont even like Google get my info/location.. but i have too in order to get the full functionality of the phone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones