• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for way to monitor what app is causing my phone to vibrate but not sure a notification.

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
I'm looking for an app or a way to to monitor what app or setting on my phone is causing a random vibration without leaving a notification in the notification bar. Almost like an app that can monitor the notification trigger.

Randomly, my phone will vibrate as though I'm getting a notification; however, when I look in the notification bar, there's nothing there, no icon, no message, nothing. At times, I can go hours without a mysterious vibration, then at other times, it seems to happen every 5 minutes (more when I'm using my phone). It is almost like an app started to give a notification but then stopped or the notification icon is being blocked but not the vibration. I am 95% positive it's an app because it happened with my Note, but I was never able to identify the cause. If I do a factory reset, it goes away for a few weeks, then returns and it's driving me crazy. I originally thought it was a defective note 8, but now that my Note 9 has started, I'm convinced it's one of my stupid apps or a setting. I have the notification reminder setting turned off. so at this point I'm just looking for a way to monitor the event of a vibration and have something track it so I can review the log and see what's causing the vibration.

Try going into Settings> (G) or Google apps> look for> Connected Apps. Most likely the culprit is an app or website that's connected to your device. If you find anything there you may have forgotten about you may want to deactivate it because It can set off a notification on your device without you knowing where it's coming from. Also check in Apps with access. Cheers..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones