• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for...

I am looking for some sort of Aviation wallpapers, or a place where I can get some. (Outside input is much better due to me getting bored easily).

Any suggestions? Is this even in the right area to be posted. (forgive my "newb-ness" here)
Look in the market for a free app simply called backgrounds. There is a whole category for planes. If you don't find what you need, there are lots of other free background apps on the market.

Reactions: TazZDroiD
Upvote 0
I am looking for some sort of Aviation wallpapers, or a place where I can get some. (Outside input is much better due to me getting bored easily).

Any suggestions? Is this even in the right area to be posted. (forgive my "newb-ness" here)
Hah you should totally get something to make the icons on you're android resemble the dials and instruments of a cockpit!

Upvote 0
You can make your own wallpaper really easily by searching on the web.

Here's a great link for them:

aviation wallpapers - Google Search

When you see one you like, just right click and save image as on your desktop.

Then take it to your photo editor (I use Paint Shop Pro) and resize it to
960 px X 800 px .

That's what I do and then I email it to myself and open it with my phone and save it to my desktop. LOL

Works like a charm!

:D

Reactions: KOLIO and TazZDroiD
Upvote 0
The 960x800 is actually appropriate for larger screens. Based on my research, the wallpaper should be sized to 640x480, as the 480 corresponds to the correct height for the Ascend's screen, which is 320x480 resolution.

FYI, I tried cropping some images down to 320x480 thinking they would be an exact match, but that failed miserably, as the phone blew up the image and it looked like crap. Stick with 640x480 for the Ascend, and your image will come out centered, at least it does on LauncherPro. If you use wallpaper scrolling, you will have the entire image on screen at some point, while you will get the center part of the image if you disable wallpaper scrolling.

This may not apply to the stock Canvas launcher, but I don't know for sure, as I haven't tried it that way.

Upvote 0
You can make your own wallpaper really easily by searching on the web.

Here's a great link for them:

aviation wallpapers - Google Search

When you see one you like, just right click and save image as on your desktop.

Then take it to your photo editor (I use Paint Shop Pro) and resize it to
960 px X 800 px .

That's what I do and then I email it to myself and open it with my phone and save it to my desktop. LOL

Works like a charm!

:D

I guess I was more looking to see if anyone had any they wanted to share. Google didn't have much in the 960x800 size

I have a photo editor, and am decent with it, but depending on the sizes, they always turn out a bit grainy, but i can deal with it.

Upvote 0
The 960x800 is actually appropriate for larger screens. Based on my research, the wallpaper should be sized to 640x480, as the 480 corresponds to the correct height for the Ascend's screen, which is 320x480 resolution.

Hiya Blast!! :D

I'm referring to pixels and not resolution. Almost all of the latest model androids (which include the Ascend) are recommended to use 960 px X 800 px. It makes it a lot sharper on the screen. Also, the .png format is recced too.

Not to disagree with you sweetie. LOL

I guess I was more looking to see if anyone had any they wanted to share. Google didn't have much in the 960x800 size

I have a photo editor, and am decent with it, but depending on the sizes, they always turn out a bit grainy, but i can deal with it.

I will be happy to make you some if you like. :)

Upvote 0
Hiya Blast!! :D

I'm referring to pixels and not resolution. Almost all of the latest model androids (which include the Ascend) are recommended to use 960 px X 800 px. It makes it a lot sharper on the screen. Also, the .png format is recced too.

Not to disagree with you sweetie. LOL

Not to worry dear, I'm not offended by someone simply disagreeing with me. In truth though, the resolution actually is a pixel count. A 960x800 wallpapercan be put on an Ascend no problem, it's just going to be more a matter of how it fits, what might get distorted dependent on aspect ratio, what might get cropped, etc. A 640x480 wallpaper will not require any cropping or distortion on the Ascend. I did try some larger wallpapers and this is what I ran into.

The biggest trick is not to take smaller images and make them larger, but to get larger images and crop them to your liking. This is assuming you don't find an exact match for the target resolution. Any time you have to expand an image, it pixelates, which I personally hate. One trick you can try, depending on the image, is changing the canvas size and then centering the image, assuming the image needs to be larger. After that, you fill or blend the outer parts of the canvas to go with the inner part.

EDIT: Heh, I just noticed that Jazziette and I showed how multiquoting avoids duplicate posting, and makes for a cleaner thread! Oh, it also avoids artificially inflated post counts, a forum whore staple. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones