1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking to buy andriod, phone or tablet? and what one? wifi or 3g?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Swagon_Wagon, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Swagon_Wagon

Swagon_Wagon Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    I've been doing alot of searching about the samsung galexy p1000 and i love it. my mom has the version version..and pays 30 a month for 2 gig. i was looking at these.

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCHI800BKV Tablet PC | refurbished Tablet PCs

but it appears to be a version version. will i have to contact version to even use it?

and if i could i would rather have a unlocked tablet. so i can go to what even network i want. if i got the tomobile one could i just put my tmobile sim in it? then use its calling and texting i pay for and then use the wifi for data?

so much to learn with phones and tablets...

and since im in the market for anything really. an unlocked phone would not be bad either. can unlocked phone work with version or a gsm(sim) network?

my budget is 200 to 300 US dollars.

Advertisement

2. Swagon_Wagon

Swagon_Wagon Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Notion Ink Adam.... i like this. any thoughts?

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    If you want the tab to be able to browse the internet anywhere and not rely on wifi, then yes, you need to go through Verizon for that particular tablet. If you have a phone that is capable of wifi tethering, you can tether a wifi-only tablet to the phone and use the phone's internet. Or use public access wifi, but I personally advise against it. Too much of a chance of identity theft for me. I just tether to my phone.

4. Swagon_Wagon

Swagon_Wagon Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    If i get a galexy p1000 ill get the one linked too in the first post. they called me back and told me its 230 for the tablet. period.. if i do or dont sign up for the providors 3g.

i would like to not have to have a contract,,, or at least a monthly payment.

i already have a tomobile phone, it only has minutes and ulim texting. if i put that into a tmobile or unlocked phone can i text and call if the hard ware enables calling and texting.

so thats good.. i like the tab. its mainstream and has good accessories.

the notion ink adam is full of great specs.. but its kinda large to use in the car for music or carry around at work. Plus i have do idea where to buy it from. you have to be invited to buy it or something. anyone know where to get them new?

you see what i like...are there any other tabs i should look at? there are so many and doing reseach on all of them is hard to do.

key point i need or like:
    need:
    3.0mp plus cam
    andriod 2.2 plus
    speakers
    3.5 mm jack
    5 to 8 inch screen( can go either way more if need be)
    easy email
    easy buying and selling stocks

want:
    full size usb port
    dockable
    incar mount system(some odd tabs dont have them made for them.)
    touch screen....ha..ha lol

5. Swagon_Wagon

Swagon_Wagon Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    guess no help? i picked the verxion p1000. i learned i can bypass the activation.