1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

looking to buy. pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mac42, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

I am looking to get a new phone. This is one of my options... i read a couple of reviews. And who really knows this phone better than the people on the root forum? So what's the deal. Give me the skinny. What's good what's makes it worth it. And what are the bugs? Please and thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. which phone your talking about? I dont get it. Listing all phones with all pros and cons? That will be a mess to deal with

3. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Just the Venice.

4. don brodie

don brodie Newbie

No auto-dim sensor for display, no 4G, battery life was a little better on the Evo to be honest and little support for dev (thus far).... Look into the Evo Design or the S2. I switched over from the Evo 4G and sorta regret it... oh well

mac42 likes this.
  5. podagee

podagee Member

i wouldnt make the switch over to htc evo design,i am an evo design owner,it is terrible.although i was playing with a friends s3 and i found that phone to stutter on certain graphics that the htc can do with ease.i would look into a marquee as it is my favorite phone that has ctmod available.this is my opinion.

6. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

phone is no so good u turn wifi on turn it back off phone reboot if i was u ill go with the sequent i change mine for the sequent not the best battery but hey i can deal with it also no shutting off problem also cm10 coming soon

7. ChickenMonkee

ChickenMonkee Well-Known Member

I had the Marquee and traded up for the Venice being as my Marquee would randomly reboot and lagged like crazy. Only had it for like 2 months new. Best things about the Venice imo is the larger screen for watching movies and the Gorilla glass screen (I read somewhere it was Gorilla glass) no scratches yet. Other than that I think it's junk. Had lots of problems with the 3G, WiFi and GPS not working, However, had the same problems with my Ultra until they released an update that fixed it. I liked my Samsung Transform Ultra better. That was a Solid phone! Now discontinued. :( The price dropped at Target for the Venice from $219 to $152 though, so it's really your own judgement. For an everyday phone for cheap I thinks it's not a bad phone.

8. MykeHawke

MykeHawke Newbie

Other than bricking my first Venice by removing some programs after root I shouldn't have, i have had no issues with my phone or my wife's venice. If I broke mine tomorrow I would definitely buy another.

9. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

This phone is apparently made for left handed people, because it is much harder to click the power button with the right hand than the left.

10. La Luna

La Luna Member

The only thing I don't like is where the power button is (on the top right, little awkward) and new app icons in the app drawer can't be alphabetized, they just get added on to the end of the list.

Other than those things, I like the phone, no problems so far. Rooted easy peasy. I've had it for about two weeks. No wifi/3G issues so far.

11. ChickenMonkee

ChickenMonkee Well-Known Member

Click the menu open and choose reset and it will alphabetically arrange icons. However, the preloaded apps show together first then yours after. It will show a warning like "Are you sure you want to do this because it will reset all icons" or something. Just say yes.

12. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for the input. Its greatly appreciated

13. Psiop412

Psiop412 Newbie

Honestly im highly impressed with this phone, I came from the ZTE Warp and just from hearing that you can probably guess im more then thrilled with the change. The warp was a great phone... when it worked.. 3g always disconnecting and text not going out or receiving, it took 4 days for one text to be recieved. But the venice is amazing a few things i miss like the Notification led but there are apps that can replace that hard ware feature. There is root but sadly no cwm or many devs wanting to help us out in that field. Jelly bean update is rumored to come to the LG Optimus l7 which is practically the same as the Venice so im hopeful for that update to come to us soon. If it does im hopeful that'll drag devs towards our side of the forums and get some roms out. But other then that it's a really great phone and It's great for the price.

LG Venice Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews