Im running froyo the most recent update and have searched for more hours the I can recall. Can anyone tell me if its possible to change the notification bar to black. I've found methods but none are recent. Is there something easy perhaps without changing the theme, I'm running stock and would like to keep it. Is it possible to change it through Metamorph?
U know, it took me FOREVER to figure this out, and it was the simplest thing. This is what I did (I am rooted):
1. Find a theme with the black notification bar, where the themer doesnt mind u using their images.
2. Pull the framework-res.apk file from that theme.
3. Use 7-zip or winrar and right click on the file. Select open the archive.
4. Inside of the archive that you just opened, navigate to res>drawable-hdpi.
5. Locate the file statusbar_background.9.png, this is the notification bar image (make sure its this exact file bcuz there are alot of them that have the word status bar in the name).
6. Copy the .png from step 5 somewhere onto ur computer.
7. Pull the framework-res.apk file from ur phone located at system>framework (u can do this with adb or by copying it using root explorer).
8. Repeat steps 3 and 4 on the framework-res.apk u just pulled from ur phone.
9. Drag the .png that u copied to ur computer in step 6 into the open framework-res.apk file from ur phone.
10. Push the framework-res.apk file that u got from ur phone back to system>framework (I always have to change the permissions on the framework-res.apk file back to rw-r-r using root explorer).
11. Reboot ur phone and the notification bar should be black!
I tried to make this as succinct as possible. I am new to this so if I missed something, or someone just has something to add please do so!
And to the OP if u have ne problems with the steps I listed PM me and I will try to help u out..good luck!