• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking to switch from Bionic..

Nexus has its flaws (especially the Verizon version) but I still think its a better device than the others. The Razr Maxx will give you great battery life, but the screen is awful compared to the Nexus. If you like what the Maxx has to offer, I'd wait for the HD version. Also, the Razr's are loaded with bloatware. It makes me batty when I have to look through my wife's phone. Oh, and even if you root you can't remove most of it because its integrated into the device.

I don't know much about the rezound so I won't comment on it.

The Nexus is a great phone. Its got a great screen, and runs the latest OS. The Razr's won't get JB for probably 7-8 more years (j/k), they just got ICS. The battery life isn't the best, but you can buy a second or extended battery if you are a heavy user. Some people have reception issues, particularly if you are in a borderline area. WiFi helps a lot if you have access to it at work. If you like to stream music all day, play games for hours, and suck down 4G data, the Nexus won't last through the day. If you check email, twitter, read some websites, and make some calls, you'll be fine. I usually have between 1-2 hours of screen on time, mostly on WiFi, and maybe 20 minutes of phone calls.... and I can easily make it 18 hours.

Upvote 0
At this point, I wouldn't go with OG Razr (Maxx), Rezound because they have older generation 45nm processor and LTE chip. The new Razr M is much better than them though its screen is qHD but so is OG razr (maxx).

Right now Gnex, GS3, M are only phones worth getting on VZW in my opinion. That is if you can't wait couple of months for new phones like Razr HD, Note 2, Dinc X, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones