1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking to upgrade Galaxy S3 to an Android with a big display for ~ 350usd MAX, Need help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ushy86, Jan 28, 2016.

1. ushy86

ushy86 Newbie

As the title simply states, I am looking for a 5.5" + display (preferably 6") unlocked android phone to replace my aged samsung galaxy s3, I am hoping to get good battery life, an improved camera performance, nice display, and overall have something new and unique in general. I have been extensively searching the last 2 days but still cannot come to a conclusion. Lately I have primarily been looking at the NEXUS 6, Huawei mate 7 or even the mate 2 which I have read is a good bang for the buck.. but is it a bigger upgrade from the galaxy s3 was the question I had.

Anyways... If anybody can give me their thoughts or perhaps know another good phone with the qualities I am looking for, please feel free to chime in.

PS. I am a Canadian resident looking to purchase an unlocked phone in the US for price and selection reasons.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Well any of the current crop of devices is going to be an upgrade performance-wise from your S3.
    Of the choices you mentioned I don't think you can go wrong with the N6.
    Just make sure that whatever device you choose has the proper bands for use with your carrier.

electricpete likes this.
  3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

After two years with my galaxy s4, I went to a nexus 6 64gb in December 2015, and it felt like a big upgrade to me.

As you know, n6 has no sd card. It's also missing a few good Samsung features like multiwindow.
    I think the cameras are about the same quality.

But n6 has a bigger screen and snappier performance, and newest os, and easier to root and tweak. .

#3 electricpete, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016