• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking to upgrade my Galaxy S2

Senden

May 30, 2011
Currently have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and have an upgrade due at the end of April and was hoping for a bit of advice from more knowledgeable folk on here.

Anyway, most important for my upgrade is music playback. Outside of the standard things I'd expect from a top range phone, music playback is the most important thing and something my Samsung phone was lacking in compared to my old iphone 3gs before that.

The thing that bothered me was the low playback volume with a headset from my phone. Compared to my iphone 3gs, the volume was ridiculously low, something which I believe was due to Samsung putting some sort of restriction on the hardware for volume. Not sure if that's true however I'm sure the initial research I done came to that conclusion.

Is it the same with all Android phones or exclusive to Samsung? Is it the same with the Galaxy S3? So far my candidates for a new phone would be the new HTC phone, the new Sony one or the new Galaxy phone when it's announced but I'll be avoiding it if it's going to be the same volume playback out the box.

Currently have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and have an upgrade due at the end of April and was hoping for a bit of advice from more knowledgeable folk on here.

Anyway, most important for my upgrade is music playback. Outside of the standard things I'd expect from a top range phone, music playback is the most important thing and something my Samsung phone was lacking in compared to my old iphone 3gs before that.

The thing that bothered me was the low playback volume with a headset from my phone. Compared to my iphone 3gs, the volume was ridiculously low, something which I believe was due to Samsung putting some sort of restriction on the hardware for volume. Not sure if that's true however I'm sure the initial research I done came to that conclusion.

Is it the same with all Android phones or exclusive to Samsung? Is it the same with the Galaxy S3? So far my candidates for a new phone would be the new HTC phone, the new Sony one or the new Galaxy phone when it's announced but I'll be avoiding it if it's going to be the same volume playback out the box.

Those are all great considerations, and questions, Senden. The folks that frequent this area where I've moved your thread, "Device/Carrier Comparisons," will offer more input than in the general Android Lounge. :)

Fwiw, I've found that Samsung products respond well to many of the sound/media oriented apps and widgets in the Google Play Store, some free, some not. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones